Friday, November 20, 2009

TeXlipse build that actually works...

I am currently writing an article - which under normal circumstances means that I am working in Emacs (Aquamacs f.t.w.!) using AUCTeX, RefTeX, flyspell etc. But this time around I wanted to try something new, so I installed the TeXlipse plugin for Eclipse and started writing.

I quickly faced a major problem though: If you, like any sane person, split up your document into smaller files and then \include or \input these files in some master file, then the auto completion of BiBTeX references does not work in TeXlipse. This is a known bug - it has been known for almost six months, and yet they haven't released a bugfix release!

I have therefore built TeXlipse from CVS instead, and that seems to be working so far. You can fetch this build here. It was built using the CVS head as of today...

Note: This build may have other bugs - it is _just_ a build of the TeXlipse CVS head.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Mads,
    thanks for building Texlipse. I was hoping that the bug regarding auto-completion for multiple citations in a single cite would have been fixed as well. Alas it hasn't.

    Take care,
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mads,
    a big thanks for providing this!
    Best,
    Jochen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just saved me some headaches, thanks!

    ReplyDelete