Wednesday, March 25, 2009

YASnippet LaTeX bundle

I have started using YASnippet for Emacs and one thing that I immediately noticed was the shocking lack of LaTeX snippets. Yes, I know that the auxtex package lets you do everything by using some keyboard shortcuts, but I find it much more intuitive working with tab completed snippets. I have therefore begun a project of creating a proper LaTeX bundle for YASnippet - you may find the snippets I create here [old link!].

Update: The snippets have been moved to a GitHub project - you may find it here

It is still a work in progress, but as soon as I find my bundle to be complete enough I will start releasing versioned "builds". As of right now you have to download the snippets individually from the download section of the homepage.


  1. Awesome, I just thought this was indeed needed. I'll let you know if I come up with any other snippet I find useful.

  2. Hi Mads, Thank you for making this publicly available. I made some change to your work, including adding grouping information and more snippets for math mode. My updates are available at
    You are welcome to merge my changes to your version if it seems useful. Thanks again!

  3. @Song Qiang: Nice work! I'll merge those changes as soon as I get the time.