Wednesday, March 25, 2009

YASnippet LaTeX bundle

I have started using YASnippet for Emacs and one thing that I immediately noticed was the shocking lack of LaTeX snippets. Yes, I know that the auxtex package lets you do everything by using some keyboard shortcuts, but I find it much more intuitive working with tab completed snippets. I have therefore begun a project of creating a proper LaTeX bundle for YASnippet - you may find the snippets I create here [old link!].

Update: The snippets have been moved to a GitHub project - you may find it here http://github.com/madsdk/yasnippets-latex/

It is still a work in progress, but as soon as I find my bundle to be complete enough I will start releasing versioned "builds". As of right now you have to download the snippets individually from the download section of the homepage.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome, I just thought this was indeed needed. I'll let you know if I come up with any other snippet I find useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mads, Thank you for making this publicly available. I made some change to your work, including adding grouping information and more snippets for math mode. My updates are available at
    http://github.com/songqiang/yasnippets/tree/master/latex-mode/
    You are welcome to merge my changes to your version if it seems useful. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Song Qiang: Nice work! I'll merge those changes as soon as I get the time.

    ReplyDelete